Chapter Best Newsletter
- Local Chapters newsletter editors or a Chapter officer must nominate/submit their newsletters for the competition.
- Chapters that wish to enter their newsletter in this year's competition must do so online.
- Include the following information with your online submission: Send a link to your four best newsletters from the past year. Linked newsletters must be in pdf file format. Include the issue dates, Chapter name, the name and contact information for your newsletter editor.
- You will receive an email verification that the online submission was received.
- Three chapters will be chosen as winners (first, second, third) based on ranking from the judging criteria listed below. The judges for the newsletter contest will be representatives from the AAW Communication Committee.
- Past first-place winners of the chapter newsletter contest have been inducted into AAW’s Chapter Hall of Fame, prominently honored on our website. To recognize the excellent work of the full range of AAW Chapters, first-place winners must wait three years before entering the competition again.
- The Chapter must be registered as an AAW Chapter with the Saint Paul office.
- Newsletters must be published within the past 12 months.
- Winners will be contacted prior to the Symposium.
- Announcements and recognition will be made through:
American Woodturner journal
Annual International Symposium
Judges will be looking for:
Content that demonstrates partnership with AAW to share, support, and deliver woodturning education
- Sound writing skills
- Visually appealing layout
- Content that is current, pertains to woodturning, and emphasizes safe woodturning practices
- Useful woodturning, technical, and news-related information
Above all, newsletters should be fun to read and provide useful information to members of the chapter they serve.
The application period will close April 1.
Nominate Your Chapter Newsletter